Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cooler than a Polar Bear's Toenails... Or Not!

As of today, Denver has officially tied its record of consecutive 90-degree+ days! Set in 1874 and tied again in 1901, we have now had 18 straight days of stifling heat. Today it's currently 91, on the way to a forecasted high of 95. And the National Weather Service is forecasting at least 6 more days of this madness! Matt & I have been saying the first part of the following quote for a few days now, so I had to hunt down the rest of it since it's really appropriate!


"It's hot! Damn hot! Real hot! Hottest things is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking."

Well, can you tell me what it feels like?

"Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun? It's damn hot! I saw... It's so damn hot, I saw little guys, their orange robes burst into flames. It's that hot! Do you know what I'm talking about?"

What do you think it's going to be like tonight?

"It's gonna be hot and wet! That's nice if you're with a lady, but it ain't no good if you're in the jungle."


Hee hee :-) Fortunately, we aren't in the jungle. One of my favorite things about Denver is that it's REALLY dry (the only negative to this is having to spend fortunes on lotion to stay moisturized!). I looked this up, and metro Denver averages only 15.81 inches of rain A YEAR! I think Madison gets that in a week sometimes!! In July, we have received only .24 inches of rain thus far, and today and tomorrow there is no chance of precipitation, so it looks like it will stay that way.

Winter seems really far away...

1 comment:

Amy said...

ann brought the heat to denver!