Sunday, September 7, 2008

September...

Geez, where does the time go! I need to start posting short blogs instead of waiting a month and then having tons to say! Oh, well... today is one of my favorite days of the year- opening Sunday for the NFL! Unfortunately the Packers don't play until tomorrow night (and on top of it, it's against the Vikes AND game 1 of a double-header with the other game happening to feature the Broncos!) BUT, I have tons of football to watch today thanks to my participation in numerous fantasy leagues & pick 'em contests. Already a few upsets today- I like!

So, my brother turned 21 two weeks ago- I unfortunately wasn't able to be there, but as he puts it, it's not like he's ever going to NOT be 21 again, so I get to take him out and celebrate when I'm back in town next weekend! It's crazy that he's 21 though; since we're so far apart in age (8 and a half years), I feel SO old now- I guess I am turning 30 in February, so that is old ;-)

Pat & Lesley's wedding was so much fun- it's always a blast when I get together with my high school friends. Even though we're spread out throughout the country, we've managed to stay close and connect at least a couple times a year back in Madison. I love them all and wish I could see everyone more often!! It also gave Russ & Carrie a chance to come over to my parent's house so my family could all meet my godson, Jack! I swear the kid gets cuter every time I see him!

Yesterday was a serious sports day for Matt & I- we had tickets for the CU-EWU football game in Boulder, which started at 1:30, and Rockies tickets for a 6:05p start against the Astros back in Denver. I'm a little sun burnt today, but that's what living in Denver is all about- I love fall!

No comments: